Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone!! I hope 2010 brings you all that you deserve.

Sitting here on new year's eve with a sick family I decided to do a quick digi layout for Journaling Junkie's Challenge 71, which will be posted early January. There is a RAK to be won so make sure you check it out. The challenge is to choose a word for 2009 (or 2010 as I have) that best reflects the year to you.

My word is 'Nurture' as recent situations have made me realise that I need to step back from the working world and focus on my children for the time being.

The journaling says

"For 2010, more than any other year, I have realised that I nned to make my family the priority. They need nurturing to grow into the people they want to be. They need to feel safe and secure and know that they are loved. I need to help them with the changes that are ahead of them. To do this I need to be home for them, for them to come home from school and know that I am there waiting for them. But... I also need to nurture myself. I have neglected myself for so many years, especially since mum's passing, and I need to stop and give myself time to grieve so that I can be fully there for myself and my family. Family first, work later."

Materials: Paper - Mel Hains 'Blooming Beautiful' kit, Date Wheel - Vicki Parker, Font - English

I hope you like.

No comments: