Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Enjoy The Day

Over the Christmas break I actually got a chance to complete a layout. OHHHH it has been so long. The withdrawals were making me crazy.

This layout is called 'Enjoy the Day' and is of my youngest daugher playing in the park with some of her friends after a birthday party. I used the Sassafras Lass paper and cut out the great designs to use as embellishments. I also added 3D dots to raise them. From that paper I cut the scalloped edged and adhered it to the patterned paper to create a new edge. One idea I have been seeing a lot of lately in magazines is using patterned paper as the background instead of cardstock. I always use cardstock and was wary about using paper alone but thought I'd give it a go and I am quite satisfied with the result. It might be a bit busy given the photos are busy too but I think it adds to the fun and childishness of the page. I did mount the photos on white and red to help them stand out though.

Did you notice the 'y' in ENJOY. I didnt have one in the style i needed so cut a '9'. I think it works well. The 'n' is also a 'u'.




I hope you like.

No comments: