Sunday, May 9, 2010

Best Things in Life

I have just completed my DT layout for Challenge 80 of Journaling Junkie. It is a bit early so dont tell Stef but maybe you can get a layout together and submit it next week when its posted.

The challenge is to journal aobut finding balance in your life. Include things like your 'to do ' list, time management tricks, how you prioritise what needs to be done, websites or magazines you read that give you advice/helpful tips.

Well I may think I am good at organising my life and my family's but is there really balance in your life when you seem to be pulled in many directions. Hence my journaling says:

"Balance in life... Is it achievable? I think when you combine the role of wife, mother and employee you end up with uneven scales. Priorities should be with family but that can be difficult when you are working with deadlines, responsibilities and just having other staff
rely on you. What about when you add in the need to look after yourself - exercise, relax, time with friends, haircuts. Unfortuately, we all know who suffers, not the hubby, nor the kids or the boss - yes... us women. We suffer with the disease of putting everyone else before
ourselves. If there is a woman out there that has balance in her life, please introduce me.
But would I change anything,not one thing!!"

I have done a digi layout for this challenge using Deb Fisher's Some Day kit and the butterfly from Scrappy Bug's Circle of Friends kit.

I hope you like.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Hey Cindy

Gorgeous take ont he challenge set! Well done, love the journalling too, totally understand where your coming from there!

Hope all is well, looking forward to catching up!

Mwah & Hugs Angie xo

Stefanie said...

Stefanie reads your blog too.
I am delighted with the great job you've done on this one. The colour scheme really does it for me and the delicate embellies and shading... I need some lessons, when can you pop over?

Renee said...

Hi Cindy pop over to my blog for a little surprise xx