Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Steve

Well, it was actually in October, but hey, at least I finally got around to scrapping the special occasion.

I thought by being a stay-at-home mum (with kids at school mind you) that I would get heaps of scrapping down. How mistaken was I. I havent had the chance to scrap for weeks!!! I was hoping to do at least one layout a week but I cant even do that at the moment. Thankfully I got to do one last night - phew I needed the destress!!

Anyway, here is a layout of Steve's birthday. My uncle was to turn 70 the next day and wanted to celebrate in our home town, near his family. So he travelled all the way from Melbourne to Coffs Harbour and all the relatives came to our little town for the party. His birthday was actually on the Sunday but we had the party on the Saturday (which happened to be Steve's birthday) and my wonderful aunty decided to make a double party with a cake for each of them and a lolly bag for the birthday boys. Steve was so shocked and delighted and felt so special.

For this layout I wanted to make it special for Steve showing only him and his treats - cake and lolly bag. I was also inspired by the great work of Renee Dowling. I love her use of circles and tried to do the same here. The bird flourishes on the green paper are from Stampin Up stamp 'French Flair' I love this stamp but dont seem to find the layouts to use it that often. But I think it looks great here.

Anyway, I hope you like it.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Hey Cindy

OMG! Feels like forever since I left Coffs, miss you heaps and heaps:(

Love the layout of Steve, gorgeous colours used and design fabulous. Looking forward to catching up with you. Hope all is well at your neck of the woods.

Take care talk soon.

Mwah Angie xo

Shayne said...

Hi Cindy,

Could not find your email address so am using your comment form. I am running JJ whilst Stef is away and i have not received at LO for #76. If you have one to submit, please send it to me @ shaynesch@absamail.co.za so that i can get it in the queue.

If not, pls just let me know.

Thanks so much. Shayne
PS - I LOVE this LO - completely gorgeous!