Tuesday, May 25, 2010

To Have & To Hold Layout

I love this layout and I love that it just sort of happened. It is of friends of ours that married recently. I printed the 'kiss' photo onto watercolour canvas to soften it and I originally planned for a black and white layout.

As you can tell, that didnt happen. After I cut out paper to do a colour blocking style of layout I realized that the black was too strong against the photo. So I scrapped that idea and the whole plan for the layout and just went to my stash and found this great Teresa Collins range, some ribbon and lace and just threw it together. I loved the 'remember good times' block from the range but it then confused me on where to put the title. I settled on a small title adjacent to the photo. I added the jewellery heart and some handdrawn scallops and finally the pink flower.

I hope you like it as much as I like it. I surprised myself as I tend to scrap with a plan in mind.
Also here is the card I created from the scraps.

No comments: