Monday, June 1, 2009

My Tasmanian Holiday Album

I have finally finished my album about our holiday to Tasmania. We were only there at the beginnning of this month and we visited so many sites. I wanted to scrap the holiday but I also wanted to finish it quickly as these things can become time-consuming. So my solution was to design a quick double layout and then use this for each page. The advantage of this was that I knew how many photos to print and at what size, and could quickly complete each page. So firstly, here is a sketch of the double layout I designed.

You will note that the left page takes the main photos and the right page takes five 4x6inch photos and the journaling, which I printed on 4x6 photo paper. I just stuck the photos directly to cardstock and with a white pen doodled around each photo (much to the dislike of my 2 daughters). The left page contains a large 5x7inch photo, either portrait or landscape and 2 smaller photos. It also contains a scalloped edge and ribbon to embellish and balance the page. To create the layered scalloped edges I either used 2 layers of the same paper or if the paper was reversible, I used the other side and inked and distressed all edges. The location/site is added as the title.
Page 1 - Our travels around Tasmania

Page 2 - Our first night in Tasmania, our lovely hotel
Page 3 - The Launceston Country Club, feeding ducks
Page 4 -Monkeys in Launceston

Page 5 - King Solomon's Caves

Page 6 - Stanley

Page 7 - Big Tree and Dip Falls

Page 8 - Wings Wildlife Park

Page 9 - Getting lost at Tasmazia

Page 10 - Our cabin at Cradle Mountain

Page 11 - Walking around Cradle Mountain

Page 12 - Devils @ Cradle, we got to pat one!!

Page 13 - Cataract Gorge

Page 14 - Sydney

Page 15 - Terry's 50th birthday party

Nice and simple and quickly completed. They are simple and only use 2 cardstock, one patterned paper and small pieces of ribbon. Hope you like.

4 comments:

Mia Castrillo said...

Hi! This is Mia from JJ. Just want to say that I love the sketch you created and the layouts you made with it. :D May I borrow for future mini albums? :D

Angela said...

Oh Cindy! What more can I say DEVINE!!!!!!!

Love the photo's when you showed me the other week, but its lovely to see it all in an album like this, wonderful work as always hun.

Mwah & hugs Angie xox

Anonymous said...

Hi there ... just hopped over from Helens blog; and the idea for your holiday album really sparked my interest. What a good idea, and it looks great too! well done.

CreativeMe68 said...

Hi Cindy...Love the album of your Tasmania trip, just wanted to let you know that I have left you something over at my blog! Luv Shaz xoxo