Thursday, May 14, 2009

Scrapping Heaven

This will be a big post as I have so many layouts to show you. I had a wonderful scrapping day yesterday with my buddy Angie from Scrap'n'Art Journey. With no kids and no work, we had a day to ourselves and decided to scrap our little hearts out. I had a great time chatting, laughing, eating cake and tim tams, and scrapping of course.
Angie and I have only know each other for about 1 year but I feel like I've known her forever. We get on so well and have so many similarities its spooky, including husbands that are very similar too. And now they work together!!

Anyway I was able to complete 3 layouts with Angie and another one today. And guess what, we are going to do it again tomorrow!! Unfortunately that will be the end of it for a while because I have to go back to work and we wont have anymore childfree days (kids in school or daycare). We have to take every opportunity we can get. I am so glad that I have a hubby that supports me and understands that these opportunities dont come around often. Plus he gets to stay home (on holidays) and rest!! (without me LOL).

So here are the layouts I have completed.

The first one, called Sisterly Love, is for Angie's May sketch challenge. Check out her blog. She has great monthly challenges and offers fantastic prizes. This layout is of my mother-in-law and her sister, who visited from Canada. Grandma lives in Tasmania now and the 2 of them and one of our neices came to visit for a weekend in March. It was way too short but we got to catch up and show them the area.


The 'Tourists' layout focuses on the sights we saw when Grandma and Aunty Ann came to visit.


'Fish' documents Kelsey's marvellous achievements at this year's swimming carnival, making both the District and Zone carnivals. She swam beautifully and I am so proud of her. This was her first ever swim race and she did so well. I added photos of her actually swimming and a results table. These were created in photoshop elements 7.

The final layout is of Alina's love of our kitten Cooper. She treats him like a baby and that is why I have called it 'Baby Cooper'. Cooper doesnt mind how Alina treats him. It is a gorgeous relationship. You will see more layouts about the 2 of them, they make a great pair.

Hope you like and I will add Friday's layouts on the weekend. I am definitely in scrappy heaven this week.

4 comments:

CreativeMe68 said...

Gorgeous LO's Cindy!!! Love the sketch challenge LO...those PP's are gorgeous! Yeh I have never met Angie in person and we too have only been friends for about a year and I can talk to her as if I had known her for ever too!! She is a talented scrapper, so have lots of fun with her again tomorrow! OHHH I am so jealous! Sent you a message to see if you wanna chat on msn??? Luv Shaz xoxo

Monique Liedtke said...

What a wonderful job you did with all the layouts you created!! I love especially the one about your daughter swimming!! she looks so radiant!

Ella Swan said...

I need a scrapping holiday! Sounds wonderful & so productive...my hubby is also gr8 about it all ;-D

Lisa said...

Hello Cindy

Just checked out your blog. Your are a super scrapper!!!! I just love what you do. I have started dabbling a little in scraping as I am putting together scrapbooks on Ella for both of her grandmothers. Hopefully they will be ready for Christmas!!!

The girls are beautiful!